Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mora, My new Home

I am officially at my new post!

It is ok

I had 2.800F this morning for food and was planning on going Maroua, the capital of the Extreme-North, but we did not get paid, so I did not go. This means...I had about $5.40 for food until we get paid next...! That could be another week living on $5.40.

Luckily it is Market Day in Mora today and i want to show you what I was able to buy.

I bought tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, cooked sweet potatoes, eggs, fish (for the dog), and pasta for...$4.30
This is enough food for 3 meals a day for about three to five days (I hope). I want to illustrate the cheap prices on food in Cameroon. I am so thankful for this right now, I would not be eating otherwise.



I also got a dog, almost forgot. His name is David William Case. He is the typical Cameroonian dog which means he is not a specific breed, he just is. He really likes to lick and when I have visitors he can't stop himself from licking their arms and faces. He is about 6 months old and I don't think I would be a good parent after having him and it's only been 3 weeks.



This is a picture of some food I made the other night. I have been getting creative with the prep and set of my food, something to make Cameroon feel like home. I made bean and rice burgers. I made the beans from scratch, as well as the rice (obviously) then used my meat grinder to grind the two into a working burger consistency. I then added spices and grilled them up. I also made a salad with lettuce, tomato, chickpeas and onion with an olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing (almost like home)



Until Next Time

Martin

2 comments:

  1. how did you end up with a dog? food looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy. Good food and a good companion. You are a lucky man. I can't wait to read more. i love you.

    ReplyDelete